This kit gives you the specific supplies and instructions to naturally dye fabric and sew a small quilt. This is the kit for fiber enthusiasts looking to expand their skill set or further explore their craft.
The natural dye project included in the kit is for beginners to natural dyeing. The May Day Flower quilt is perfect for beginner quilters who have some experience in sewing. Templates and instructions will guide you through the process of sewing your own wall quilt.
The Side Lake Stitch 01 kit includes:
- 1 yard white (Kona Bone) fabric for the background and quilt back
- 1/4 yard prepared fabric for natural dyeing (fabric comes scoured and mordanted)
- Marigolds or Cosmos for dyeing fabric
- Iron for shifting natural dye color
- Instructions for natural dyeing
- Pattern and instructions for May Day Flower Quilt
- Circle template
Marigolds and cosmos yield slightly different colors. Look at images for fabric samples to make your preferred choice.
The kit will ship within one week of order. PDF pattern, including dyeing instructions, will be delivered to your inbox after purchase.